Drills-Start Promptly at 7:00 pm
Tuesday December 12th TBD
Tuesday December 19th TBD
Tuesday January 2nd CME & Fire Company Inventory.
Tuesday January 16th PESH Training. Mandatory for all members.
Friday December 22nd. Meet at 6:30at Club House-East Hill Rd.
Defensive Driving Class
Mandatory for all drivers of apparatus and open to all members/spouse active or inactive.
Tuesday Jan 30, 2018 TBD
Tuesday Feb 6, 2018 TBD
Rensselaer County Training schedule 2017.
Please Check the Rensselaer County Fire Training web site via the link on the links page for the most current schedule.
If you are planning on taking a fire class please let a chief know ASAP so they can reserve you place.
No Burn Law
Effective October 14, 2009, all open burning is prohibited in New York, except as follows:
•Barbecue grills, maple sugar arches and similar outdoor cooking devices, using only propane, charcoal, or untreated wood
• Small cooking and camp fires, using only untreated wood
• On-site burning of limbs and branches is allowed between May 15th and the following March 15th in any town with a total population less than 20,000
• On-site burning of organic agricultural wastes, but not pesticides, plastics or other non-organic material, on certain agricultural lands
• Liquid petroleum fueled smudge pots to prevent frost damage to crops
• Ceremonial or celebratory bonfires
• Disposal of a flag or religious items
• Burning on an emergency basis of explosive or other dangerous or contraband by police, etc.
• Prescribed burns performed according to state regulations
• Fire training with some restrictions on the use of acquired structures
• Individual open fires to control plant and animal disease outbreaks as approved by DEC upon the request by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Markets
• Open fires as necessary to control invasive plant and insect species