Drills-Start Promptly at 7:00 pm
Tuesday October 17th TBD, CME for All EMT’s
Tuesday October 24th TBD
Tuesday October 31st TBD
Tuesday November 7th TBD
Tuesday November 21st TBD
Tuesday November 8th TBD
Rensselaer County Training schedule 2017.
Please Check the Rensselaer County Fire Training web site via the link on the links page for the most current schedule.
If you are planning on taking a fire class please let a chief know ASAP so they can reserve you place.
No Burn Law
Effective October 14, 2009, all open burning is prohibited in New York, except as follows:
•Barbecue grills, maple sugar arches and similar outdoor cooking devices, using only propane, charcoal, or untreated wood
• Small cooking and camp fires, using only untreated wood
• On-site burning of limbs and branches is allowed between May 15th and the following March 15th in any town with a total population less than 20,000
• On-site burning of organic agricultural wastes, but not pesticides, plastics or other non-organic material, on certain agricultural lands
• Liquid petroleum fueled smudge pots to prevent frost damage to crops
• Ceremonial or celebratory bonfires
• Disposal of a flag or religious items
• Burning on an emergency basis of explosive or other dangerous or contraband by police, etc.
• Prescribed burns performed according to state regulations
• Fire training with some restrictions on the use of acquired structures
• Individual open fires to control plant and animal disease outbreaks as approved by DEC upon the request by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Markets
• Open fires as necessary to control invasive plant and insect species